Fullers 1845 yeast

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukehgriffiths

Reaction score
Just did a first gravity test on my current brew that has been fermented using fuller 1945 yeast. Slow steady ferment that has dropped the gravity from 1041 to 1009 amazing stuff.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=36637

this one.
Dropped the dark crystal quantity and amount of Magnum hops. May have also gone 20g 10g on goldings and fuggles... Is all saved in brewmate I am not losing the recipe like I did my last one where I bunged a load of stuff.and it came out lovely but I lost y notes.

I'm just finishing a fermentation with Fuller's yeast taken from Bengal Lancer. It's gone from 1054 to 1012 in 8 days at 18C. I did use Fuller's yeast once before and you should find that it drops really well leaving clear beer and a solid sediment. The brewday is here

This makes it great for bottle conditioned beers, it sticks to bottom of the bottle really well (I suppose it would be, that's why Fullers use it). I'll be putting 19 litres into a corny to go on holiday with me for Whit week and the remaining 7 litres into bottles

Latest posts

Back