Gas Ball Lock

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Was away for a while and on brewing and coming back I think my as ball locks are past their best. Was wondering whats the best ball locks was looking at Metal ones or are they nitnworth the extra

Which do you currently have? What makes you think they're past their best? Have you checked the o-rings on the post to see if they are the cause of any issues you may have found?
I don't have any metal ones myself. I have had a grey/red KegLand one leak at high (40psi) pressure.

I've got a bunch of Kegland and Keg King grey and black plastic disconnects, as well as some more expensive CMB ones I inherited. Can't tell the difference between them.

I also have 5 steel flow control disconnects, which do their job very well, but I wouldn't buy metal ones now as they expand/contract with heat and cold, which can make it very hard to put a cold disconnect on a recently filled keg.

I changed all all o rings on the posts but they were still leaking . I order Kegland plastic ones as I need spares and am presently changing out anything that can perish as I have spares . Hopefully its just the time I left them while nit using them .

The bearings seem to go on mine. I have one metal on which I use from fermenter to keg whilst filling. Always thought it was easier to get onto my fermenter, until my last kegging session. I couldn't get it off, did it the end but ordered another plastic one.

Latest posts

Back