Ginger Beer question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim21089

Reaction score
Hi i have just brewed a ginger beer which in the instructios indicated a 6 day stay in the FV but as with other kits i left it for 10 days and the fg rteading was the same for 3 days. I have racked it off to be bottled and and while i nipped out i put a lid and air lock on the bucket and when i returned it was bubbling away. Should i leave it until the bubbling stops or should i go ahead and add the priming sugar and bottle it ? help needed here lol

I'd leave it alone until the bubbling stops for a day or two if it were me. Make sure fermentation's finished. Do you have an hydrometer or refractometer to measure specific gravity? If you get a stable reading for a couple of days then it's probably time to bottle.

i do have a hydrometer it was stable for 3 days previous to me racking it off for bottling its started bubbling while i was out at the shops and its still going now. i think i will leave it for a couple of days as you suggest then take another reading over two or three days to see where its got to

Odd that it was stable. Was the reading high?

Also, always easier to tell someone else to be patient and wait, I'd be eager to get it done. :)

No it was not high it was 1010 it has finished now at 1000 and went in to bottles today so fingers crossed it will turn out ok

Back