Golden syrup

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stp78

Reaction score
I have got a few brews under my belt now and want to try using golden syrup just need to know how much to use? Please help

Its amaizing the amount of peeple that carnt spell 'lager' i gess its just a habbit thing, your mind wil ortomatically maike you tipe 'larger'

:cheers: CS

If you want to use Golden Syrup as a direct replacement for white sugar then you will need to add about 15%. So, it the kits label calls for 1kg you should add 1.15kg of golden syrup.

Some people say that they can tell the difference between sugar and golden syrup in beer but the only way to find out for yourself is to try it. :thumb:

You want to make your kit bigger :wha:
:rofl: I don't usually laugh this early
Don't take offence S8 you are right the rest are wrong there should be an R in it, everyone has an odd typo, it was TS comment :clap:
I am sitting here reading the instructions for wiring up a PID from the Chinese instructions and the first paragraph detailing the overall description is headed GENETAL, (have I bought some kind of electrical torture device :? ) do they mean GENERAL by any chance. :lol:
S

chiefstoker said:
Its amaizing the amount of peeple that carnt spell 'lager' i gess its just a habbit thing, your mind wil ortomatically maike you tipe 'larger'

yeah it is amazing the amount of people that can't spell 'lager' i guess its just a habit thing, your mind will automatically make you type 'larger' (see what i did there) guess a lot of us need to use spellcheck a bit more lol

artyb said:
im about to start am edme german larger kit ,and we have a tin of golden syrup in the cupboard.....would it improve the end product.... :wha:
Those Germans are great engineers :thumb:
They now do a kit for making things bigger :grin:

But seriously, it will be a slight improvement over using white sugar :)

I could be wrong and im sure someone will correct me if I am but I believe it is possable to unbalance a kit brew by adding too much fermentable sugar. So why not just replace some sugar with syrup just to alter the taste. Rather than spoil a whole brew. (Just my opinion which on the whole aint worth a fig :D )

Absolutely correct snail. Kits are made to give a balance between body and alcohol content generally. The 1 can kits that produce beer of around 4% are ok for a cheap kit (Geordie) then you have 2 can kits which may only give 4-5% ABV but have much more body to them. Either way, adding more fermentables (sugar, golden syrup etc) will get you a stronger beer at the expense of 'body'. Do you want a beer that tastes like beer or would you prefer a pint of meths? If you want strength rather than taste then you may aswell take a look at the turbo cider recipes, you'll get a much more palletable and stronger drink for a similar outlay.

Latest posts

Back