Grainfather connect controller vs Inkbird IPB-16S

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Object

Reaction score
Hi folks, I've had a custom BIABasket kit built by BrewBuilder and I'm currently looking into controllers.

I'm going to be running a 3kw ULWD element and was initially going to pickup an Einbrew 1V1P controller. Unfortunately this is a little too expensive at the minute.

I've read of some posters using a Grainfather connect on their custom systems and have also saw that some have used the Inkbird IPB-16S.

I understand that the GFC is only rated for a 2kw element but have seen some posters use it successfully on elements greater than that. I've also wired my element using H07N-F 2.5mm cable. It can also connect to my phone and I can push Brewfather recipes to it. Do people who have one actually use this feature after a while?

I also note the that IPB-16S would be able to handle bigger elements as it is rated for 12A at 220v. I also like it as I had the kit made because I wanted to replicate the Clawhammer system. Would @Markgee be the best person to speak to about getting one of these?

Struggling to decide 😭

Please help

Cheers

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back