grainfather glycol chiller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Topcook49

Reaction score
hi
I have purchased a Grainfather Glycol Chiller.
I have primed the pump as the instructions state.
I have filled the tank with the required water/glycol ratio amount.
As instructed, Bled the system to get rid of the air bubbles.
attached to my Grainfather ferment-er as it should be.
It appears to be cooling as it should be, but the power button is flashing red all the time.
Is this normal or have I a problem?
Cheers Andy

Yes it’s full. The level indicator is right at the top of the filler hole. I’ve asked google too and it says the same. I’ve held the button for 6 seconds to lock the factory setting. ( I had to set them as it wasn’t set when I got it ) the power light is now permanently on , still red but not flashing. How ever it appears to be working perfectly. I’m going to cold crash later this week so I’ll see how it gets on.
Any ideas why the power on button is red?
thanks for reply.
Cheers Andy

Don't overthink it, it's meant to be red.

Attachments

• 16320698513084925051243117576596.jpg
    16320698513084925051243117576596.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 50
Before I forked out for my adapter kit I made this: Use any fermenter with this Grainfather Glycol Chiller
Very handy if you want to use the chiller with anything other than your Grainfather Conical.
Really need to get on this, gave it a try with an old STC I picked up but couldn't get it on, have bought another one as the other one had been in storage for an age and I know they can be a bit dodgy.

Me, again.... 😂

Have sorted this for the chiller, really need to work out how to also add a heat source too, had a look at the thread on here but... mind = blown

Back