Grainfather review after 100 brews

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
£250 mmm. I sincerely hope that after 20 brews and just ~8 months old it'll be a straightforward warranty replacement or repair! I'm sure it will be fine. I've not heard anything back after raising the initial support call though...must go and get that sorted now.

I sincerely hope that after 20 brews and just 8 months old it'll be a straightforward warranty replacement or repair!

You shouldn't have any problem it has a 24 month warranty - https://www.grainfather.com/faq

ggggggggg.jpg

Just an update - great support from grainfather (company now called Bevie after rename from imake); I was dreading having to return to base but when I told them I could use a multimeter they got me to do lots of diagnostics which strangely seemed to confirmed all was well with the element, earthing etc.....

...and then we discovered it was just the led (? or bulb) on the main switch at the bottom had blown. so after the initial main board trip, it was working but just didn't look like it. Absolutely no problem with the rest of the system and it works just great without having to faff around with returns!

Double brew day for the next two days. Got to get the production line primed up again!

Just an update - great support from grainfather (company now called Bevie after rename from imake); I was dreading having to return to base but when I told them I could use a multimeter they got me to do lots of diagnostics which strangely seemed to confirmed all was well with the element, earthing etc.....

...and then we discovered it was just the led (? or bulb) on the main switch at the bottom had blown. so after the initial main board trip, it was working but just didn't look like it. Absolutely no problem with the rest of the system and it works just great without having to faff around with returns!

Double brew day for the next two days. Got to get the production line primed up again!
That’s great news. Chuffed for you.

Just done my sixth brew in mine and I absolutly love it!! I can see why purists would say it's not real beer making as it does take make it easy. Same why bread makers would be disgusted by a bread maker. But I love it.

Back