gravity to high

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wipeout

Reaction score
this is my first brew im doing a lions pride (came with the kit) i have folowed the instructions very closely and after 8 days in the bucket the gravity is still at 1014 the head has compleatly cleared off it aswell it need to be down to 1009 the temp is at 20c i gently stirred it like the instructions said i did this a couple of days ago to try and resupend some on the yeast? but still coming out at 1014 any other sugestions? or should i just barrel it?

I tend to leave my brews in the FV for about 14 days, then move to a secondry for another 5 - 7 days, then bottle or move to a barrel / cornie.

i used to find that a lot of kits stop at around this point. I would leave them for a couple of days and then get onto kegging or bottling. The suggested final gravity is just a suggestion. The longer you leave it the more risk you take of air born infections spoiling your brew. I now brew all grain and the brews tend to ferment down a lot quicker and more reliably than kits :thumb:

Hey, Have you checked that your hydrometer is working correctly? some times they are off! 1 other thing try spinning the hydrometer to remove bubbles and leave to settle and take your reading.

Hope this helps

Bigsteve

p.s keep us informed on what you do!

well i think ill just attempt to keg the brew and hope for the best :S what diffrence does it make?#

Back