Green apples and milkshake ipa

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beersort

Reaction score
Hi, I've read that one good way to get more body in a milkshake IPA is to add 4 or so green apples to the mash or purée them and add to the boil at 15 minutes to go. What's the general consensus as to the better method? I'm doing 23 litres and will also be adding lactose too

Did bugger all when I did brew and added the apples, didnt notice any difference.

Body comes from the water profile really, yeast used and the lactose does help

Not saying it doesn't work as I know Tired Hands do it and they are the Milkshake Creators.
Just did not add anything to mine.
Ive used Safale US-05 and that didnt do much, but the last 2 I used harvested yeast from older NEIPA brews and that worked much better. Vermont Ale and also 1318

I like adding fruit to my milkshakes but I think Tiny Rebel are producing just hop forward milkshakes like Citra and Mosaic, TBH I found them quite boring compared to Omnipollo Fruit forward shakes

I like adding fruit to my milkshakes but I think Tiny Rebel are producing just hop forward milkshakes like Citra and Mosaic, TBH I found them quite boring compared to Omnipollo Fruit forward shakes
I tried the citra version of the tiny rebel brews and quite liked it. Omnipollo's stuff is another level though!

Latest posts

Back