Green Shed Brewers

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimsky

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Jim from the Cotswolds. A group of 6 friends in the village and I have put together a brewery in what was meant to be the laundry shed but got diverted to being a brewery at the last minute (the kitchen remains a noisy place with the washer dryer). The kit is a 45 litre all-grain system 2nd hand from a brewery that has now gone large. It's made some good beer, and some not so good beer but finally finding our way to palatable production. In the 4 weeks before Christmas we managed around 100 pints per week which all got drunk. Being a bit of a tinkerer I've been refining the kit taking advice from forums like this. It may be the only kit that crash cools the wort from a garden water butt, sump pump, plate heat exchanger and ........ radiator and fan from a Citroen C3 (it was a good day when we saw how that speeded up cooling 45 litres of boiling sugary stuff!). Using a brewing systems conical fermenter with heating and chiller control. The challenge is brewing beer that all 6 parties like - quickly learning that we all taste things very differently. Looking forward to gleaning some good advice to improve what we do. Cheers, Jim

Latest posts

Back