Greetings from Cornwall

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kilderkin

Reaction score
Hello World!
(being a programmer I always wanted to say that)

I have just made a return to home-brewing after a short absence of about 25 years. It had always been one of my life's little ambitions to grow a grape vine and 3 years ago I planted one in the greenhouse. It fruited last year, and this year there was a good crop about 5kg of grapes. What am I going to do with that lot? Well being of the drinking persuasion, naturally I thought of wine so, augmented by some local blackberries I gave it a go. I also have an apple tree in the garden dropping shed-loads of apples on the lawn, so they've been turned into cider. Both of those, I think(?), need about a year to mature so having no patience decided to get into kit brewing as well. The bug has bitten hard, in the last 6 weeks I have done a batch of turbo cider, three 30-bottle kits of red, a six bottle white, a six bottle dessert and three 40 pint beers. The first of the beers shouldn't really be drunk for another 3 weeks, but I've been "sampling" like mad. I have to say the quality of the kits must be so much better than in the eighties, 'cos I can't have instantly turned into an expert but it tastes pretty good.

Originally from Leeds I now live in Cornwall, in fact I could be your most southerly brewer as I live on the Lizard peninsular in the far south west.

We do have a member in Penzance so i think that would make you the most Southerly!

I live in Helston so i'm neither the most Southerly or South Westerly!

Welcome to the forum!!

:cheers:

aneray said:
I'm in the most beautiful part of Cornwall

CAMBORNE !!!

You must be the most northerly of the southerlys....or south westerlys!!
:hmm:

Latest posts

Back