Guilty for telling a joke

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No as long as it was clearly a joke (beyond just saying it) and is not causing a disturbance. And even if it was causing a disturbance you should be asked to stop rather then being arrested.

How can anything calling for a race to be wiped out be considered a joke?

Ah, Stephen Yaxley-Lennon. Never will a more punchable face be seen.
Why?
Don't tell me you are naïve enough to believe the nonsense narrative that the mainstream media keeps on pushing about the guy...
Tell you what, there's 10 years worth of interviews and speeches that he's given on YouTube - go see if you can find video of him being a racist or advocating violence.

Oh, come on. What evidence is there to show that was his intention? It looks to me like the "joke" was making a dog do something most people would find offensive. Occam's razor, and all that.
If we're going to play at using "Occam's razor", then lets look at the evidence. A man with no prior association with hate groups and liberal personal politics makes a video that he only expected to reach an audience of a few friends and starts it with an explanation that it is a joke, that it is only intended as a wind-up for his girlfriend and that he's only getting it to do something "horrible" because she's convinced it's super cute then the simplest explanation demanded by Occam is that he's not a Nazi, it's not a hate crime and it was only a joke!

makes a video that he only expected to reach an audience of a few friends

It was supposed to be a prank to play on his girlfriend and now it turns out it was to show his friends, are his friends as thick as him and equally likely to find a joke about gassing Jews funny?

Still can't see what all the fuss is about. Any joke worth laughing at has a 'victim' in it somewhere. It's just a joke, a laugh at someone els's expense. We're all the victim at some time or another. It's no big deal. Ain't y'all got more important things to worry about?

It was supposed to be a prank to play on his girlfriend and now it turns out it was to show his friends, are his friends as thick as him and equally likely to find a joke about gassing Jews funny?
But his isn't about intelligence (although even the judge described him as intelligent and articulate) or taste or even propriety.
This is about at joke being treated as a criminal act - a very dangerous precedent.

Why?
Don't tell me you are naïve enough to believe the nonsense narrative that the mainstream media keeps on pushing about the guy...
Tell you what, there's 10 years worth of interviews and speeches that he's given on YouTube - go see if you can find video of him being a racist or advocating violence.
How about this one, Kenneth? Sounds like he's advocating violence here...

Two things now. The first thing is that the British comedy scene use to be so good because they made fun of themselves. Second thing: the cvnt in question could have made the dog do the same thing, triggered by saying Sieg Heil.
And this was also considered humour few decades ago.

OK, he IS advocating violence. You asked me to find a video of him advocating violence and that's what I've done.

"... the Islamic community will feel the full force of the English Defense League"

Don't ask for something you don't want to hear.

But why are you conflating that statement as advocating or calling for violence?
The EDL responded to many terrorist atrocities in cities around Britain with the full force of peaceful mass rallies - unless they were attacked by the ever violent shock troops of the loony left.
Tommy attended a rally in Birmingham yesterday and was greeted by and shook hands with people of all ethnic groups and there was no trouble and no arrests.

Why is it that violence is always the go to tactic of the loony left?
Is it because they/you are bereft of reason?
Afterall, wasn't it you that just came out and said that you wanted to punch Robinson in the face?

But why are you conflating that statement as advocating or calling for violence?
The EDL responded to many terrorist atrocities in cities around Britain with the full force of peaceful mass rallies - unless they were attacked by the ever violent sock troops of the loony left.
Tommy attended a rally in Birmingham yesterday and was greeted by and shook hands with people of all ethnic groups and there was no trouble and no arrests.
So the full force of the EDL is leafletting and handshakes? I've seen them in action, they're football hooligans. If you think that's not advocating violence you're fooling yourself.

So the full force of the EDL is leafletting and handshakes? I've seen them in action, they're football hooligans. If you think that's not advocating violence you're fooling yourself.

When you tried to punch them, did they punch back? - and were you wearing a black outfit with a mask?
Oh and you're conflating again. I didn't ask you for evidence of racism or avocation of violence from some random nutter who happens to be at a rally. I was talking about he man you say you want to punch in the face.
I only see one person pushing for violence here.

When you tried to punch them, did they punch back? - and were you wearing a black outfit with a mask?
Oh and you're conflating again. I didn't ask you for evidence of racism or avocation of violence from some random nutter who happens to be at a rally. I was talking about he man you say you want to punch in the face.
I only see one person pushing for violence here.
I've provided the evidence you asked for, you're refusing to accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back