Hand pull

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary

Reaction score
Hi all , anyone with a EWL 1/4 pint pump could you give me some advice please . I bought a seal replacement kit and I am having difficulty working out how to change the diaphragm seal (hard white plastic), am not sure how to seperate the 2 holding plates as I don’t want to force them apart , any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Do you mean the piston seal that is sandwiched between the main piston approx 65mm diameter? If so , I cut the old seal off and the replacement seal (sourced off internet , not from EWL ) I forced into position.

Do you mean the piston seal that is sandwiched between the main piston approx 65mm diameter? If so , I cut the old seal off and the replacement seal (sourced off internet , not from EWL ) I forced into position.
Search for my post "hand pull woes" and there are some photos there .

Sorry to bother you again Andy, but have you got any pics of the seal positions from the top of the cylinder for example the cork seal etc as I’m not sure of the position of each orig , thanks again

No photos to hand I'm afraid. I think the top 'gland' you refer to , where the rod comes out of is o ring on the shaft , then the cork seal, then the white plastic cap nut. I don't think you will cause any dramas if you get it the wrong way around .
Sorry to bother you again Andy, but have you got any pics of the seal positions from the top of the cylinder for example the cork seal etc as I’m not sure of the position of each orig , thanks again

These were the gaskets in question, I have now got it pouring right , so I did not end up changing the white cylinder seal only the cork one and small oring ( both which are pictured),thanks for replying 👍🏻
IMG_0670.jpeg
IMG_0671.jpeg

Back