Have I just made a terrible mistake

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would like to see another pic of that hydrometer free floating in water in that tall glass jar if poss. Take it at eye level, with water as close to 20c as poss.

Would like to see another pic of that hydrometer free floating in water in that tall glass jar if poss. Take it at eye level, with water as close to 20c as poss.
Water temperature is 24.

Attachments

• IMG_4677.JPG
    IMG_4677.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 0
Sorry for your loss
To sum up
You need to crush the grain in a grain mill if you buy whole grain
If you buy crushed grain your good to go
Lesson learned now onward and upward.

Were did you buy it, i have bought a few ag kits and they always come crushed, contact them to see if it's a mistake on their part
Some of them give the option. Could be as simple as leaving the drop down at umcrushed. PITA but not too expensive a lesson I suppose.

That's frustrating for you :(
If you can order again crushed, it's worth it. I brewed this recipe last month and it's currently on tap and going very very quickly. One of the best I have brewed since going AG (I'm only 10 brew or so in though).

You could get a true OG as I am guessing it is around 1.09ish add sugar/Brew enhancer/DME if you really want to throw money at it and brew it out, maybe do not add too much and keep the ABV down so it does not cost too much.
You can get DME from Wilko and at the same time buy another hydrometer and a trial jar too they will last years if you look after them and probably less than £4 each.
Good Luck I am sure it will turn out right from now on athumb..

Latest posts

Back