Hazelwood Brewday

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure. It’s one of these, perfect size for the boiler. I bent the feet straight to give clearance over the bazooka. If you do the same heat the legs before you straighten them or they may fracture off at the bend.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B082MXW...olid=213HCCG06Q64M&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
I’m thinking of investing in a basket but have a few questions, Hazel, if you could help?

I’ve still got the original tap on my cygnet. Once you’ve adjusted the legs on the basket, would it sit above the level of the tap?

I’ve also fitted a small probe thermometer on mine. I would obviously need to reposition this as the probe sticks out about 4cm on the inside. Would you suggest some sort of blanking plug to fix over the hole, once I’ve moved it?

1615740660570.jpeg

....... and is it reasonably easy to clean?

Thanks in advance.

I’m thinking of investing in a basket but have a few questions, Hazel, if you could help?

I’ve still got the original tap on my cygnet. Once you’ve adjusted the legs on the basket, would it sit above the level of the tap?

I’ve also fitted a small probe thermometer on mine. I would obviously need to reposition this as the probe sticks out about 4cm on the inside. Would you suggest some sort of blanking plug to fix over the hole, once I’ve moved it?

View attachment 43194

....... and is it reasonably easy to clean?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, once you’ve straightened the legs the basket sits just proud of the tap.

Yes, you wil obviously need to close off the hole somehow when you remove the thermometer. This might be as simple as a nut and bolt with a nylon washer on the inside but it will depend on the size of the hole.

Yes, quite easy to clean. I use a plate chiller and direct the hot water jet at the grain basket but I have also just washed it in the sink.

I’ve just been checking stock and looking at my planner so now have my brew schedule for the next month:

March 21: Czech Pilsner
March 25: Summer Breeze
April 2: German Pilsner
April 6: @Clint 3C
April 14: Brown Ale
April 28: Czech Pilsner

Disclaimer
The schedule is subject to change if a particular ale gets drunk quickly and there’s any danger of running out. :oops:

After the success I’ve been having with my stepped version of fly-sparging I want to push the idea further so, another project! clapa

There may be two parts to this but I’m going to start with just one and see how it goes. The two parts are a sparge-water feeder system and something that might be a Valentine arm.

I intend to start the feeder system tomorrow and will let you know how I get on.

I’ve just been checking stock and looking at my planner so now have my brew schedule for the next month:

March 21: Czech Pilsner
March 25: Summer Breeze
April 2: German Pilsner
April 6: @Clint 3C
April 14: Brown Ale
April 28: Czech Pilsner

Disclaimer
The schedule is subject to change if a particular ale gets drunk quickly and there’s any danger of running out. :oops:
I aspire to this level of planning :oops::cool:..
Suitably impressed here (why isn’t there a smilie for a curtsy available - this is the closest I can get ) :hat:

Anna

My schedule

March
1. Yorkshire Terrier 21 L ➡️⚪♻️🍄 Midland 19/3/21
2. Chevallier Bitter 21 L ➡️ 🍾♻️🍄 Beoir 23/3/21

April
1. Belgian Blonde 21 L ➡️🍾️+10L🛢 ♻️🍄 MJ Tripel M31
2. Summer Breeze 21 L➡️⚪♻️🍄 CML Five
3. Pilsner Urquell 21 L ➡️🍾♻️🍄 Saflager 34/70

May
1. Proper Job 21 L ➡️🛢⛔🍄 Midland
2. NZ IPA 21 L ➡️ 🍾♻️🍄 CML Pia
3. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale 21 L 🍾🍄Cali Common

My schedule

March
1. Yorkshire Terrier 21 L ➡️⚪🍄 Midland 19/3/21
2. Chevallier Bitter 21 L ➡ 🍾🍄 Beoir 23/3/21

April
1. Belgian Blonde 21 L ➡🍾️+10L🛢 ♻🍄 MJ Tripel M31
2. Summer Breeze 21 L➡⚪🍄 CML Five
3. Pilsner Urquell 21 L ➡🍾🍄 Saflager 34/70

May
1. Proper Job 21 L ➡🛢⛔🍄 Midland
2. NZ IPA 21 L ➡ 🍾🍄 CML Pia
3. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale 21 L 🍾🍄Cali Common
What's the no entry sign mean?

I mentioned another little project to build a sparge-water feeder system but wasn’t able to build it yesterday because the bits I’d ordered to make it didn’t arrive until quite late. The good news is I’ve made it this morning.

The components for it are some 3/8 beer line and some 3/8 John Guest “T” pieces, a couple of lengths of plastic dowel, a miniature fish tank pump, and an old 4.5v power supply. These are the miniature pumps (less than £3 each) and you can see that 3/8 beer line is a perfect fit for the output of the pump.

C10F0AC1-90E1-4AF0-A85D-3C436E8F7472.jpeg

E003AC3B-A740-4921-AAC6-FF7C20794ABF.jpeg

The power supply I’m using. The pumps work with anything between 3v and 6v.
EB2DB8D3-88D7-46F5-91BB-F905AF4E1576.jpeg

Latest posts

Back