Hello form Oxford and good bye to supermarket brews.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluffer

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I'm Tony aka Bluffer, New to home-brew but a big lover to beer no more so than German Wheat-beer. I have two beers on the go as i type. The first is Coopers and the second is Geordie, both lagers (brought by Sons). Open to any advice you all might have and forward-looking to any tips tricks brews ect ect.

Thanks for taking a look.

Tony

welcome...the forum is full of tips and advise. Have a browse through the kit reviews theres bound to be something you'd like

Hi & welcome to the forum... :thumb: I'm not far from you in Stratford upon Avon...maybe when your ready to have a go at AG pop on over for a brew day???

Hi Tony, You're not far from me either, I'm out in the morris dancing western backwater of Bampton...

Hello and welcome! I'm from Didcot, so not far from you either. I'm about to bottle a wheat beer from New Zealand - Black Rock Whispering Wheat, it tastes good so far, so you might want to add it to your "to brew" list. :cheers:

dharte said:
calumscott said:
You're in Didcot and haven't gone AG yet...? :shock: :lol:

Building my AG kit today actually! Build thread soon.

Hard not to with the Malt Miller in town...

...Didcot is going to turn into a whole town of Craft Brewers!!! :lol:

Hi Guys and thanks for the welcome and brew recommendations however I have a small problem on my hands. I have just got back from an unexpected few day away with work and whilst away it was due time to bottle my first round of beers. All hydro readings are ok and ready to bottle but my problem lies in the fact that i have a total of 80s pint to bottle and only around 60 bottles (FIRST ERROR......NEVER MAKE MORE THAN YOU CAN BOTTLE LOL) My question is can I use screw top wine bottles for the rest? any advice would be appreciated.

Apologies if i have posted this under the wrong thread but wanted to say thank you for your welcomes.

Welcome to the forum Bluf. :D
No don't use wine bottles, some peeps do use pet bottles, proper beer bottles are not hard to come by. ;) Pressure barrels or poly pins, do a search, are other alternatives. ;)
Never be in to much or a hurry to get it into bottles, not a usual time scale but "due to circumstances" bottled a brew from the fermenter which had been there for three weeks, yesterday, taste and smell were fine. :) Not big or clever. :lol:
Happy brewing..............and you are spot on with the title. :D
S

Springer said:
Welcome to the forum Bluf. :D
No don't use wine bottles, some peeps do use pet bottles, proper beer bottles are not hard to come by. ;) Pressure barrels or poly pins, do a search, are other alternatives. ;)
Never be in to much or a hurry to get it into bottles, not a usual time scale but "due to circumstances" bottled a brew from the fermenter which had been there for three weeks, yesterday, taste and smell were fine. :) Not big or clever. :lol:
Happy brewing..............and you are spot on with the title. :D
S

Thanks for the advice on bottling, I will keep in the fermenter for a few more days this will give me time to get to the shop. I have at present 24 Grolsch bottles and various other old beer bottles ranging in size from 500mm to 630mm, would I need to adjust the amount of priming sugar according to size or will one tsp do?
Regards Bluf.

Latest posts

Back