Hello from a Hedgerow

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amuseboucheUK

Reaction score
Hi

I'm not "new" to home brewing but it has been a while since I've made time to brew. I'm into cooking big time and like to forage for fruits and foods in the hedgerows near where I live and was recently prompted by a friend to give Elderflower Champer a bash ... so I did ... 40 pints are currently maturing in 2 pint Ginger Beer bottles (that I got from Freecycle along with LOADDS of other stuff) ...

Whilst looking for my brewing kit I found a 2 pint bottle of Alco Ginger Beer that I made back in 2010 ... boy was it good and what a kick (but VERY VERY FIZZY : even at 2C I lost a 3rd of the bottle when I opened it!)!

So I now have 40 pints of ginger beer (based on the fiery ginger beer recipe here but with the addition of one red chilli to the mash for extra spark) brewing and also a Brew Buddy Cider kit that was on special at the "local" brewing shop in St Albans.

Not sure if it's classed as acceptable to discuss on these forums but I also make flavoured spirits (adding bought or foraged ingredients to shop bought vodka, gin and rum etc).

As I've said I like to take the kids and dog to forage locally (or go out on my bike with my 6m picking pole and back box) and also like to use seasonal produce with as few miles behind it as possible so I'm looking forward to adding wines, beers and ciders to my jams, chutneys and preserves!

Cheers

Matt

Latest posts

Back