hello from north scotland

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum! There are quiet a few of us up here in the icy north on this forum. I'm in Aberdeen
hi you say quite a few fae the frozen/icy north but I have a web address for one home brew shop within Aberdeen surely there must be more or is one all there is

I know its been a while but just thought id drop a wee update as this Saturday I'm going to give the out of date ipa a taste pray for me lol

Loads of stuff never had a "Best Before" date on it before it became a legal requirement; and as all manufacturers are cautious in the extreme, I presume you are fine (if slightly hungover) and have survived the experience.

Personally when I lived in the Aboyne/Glenkindie area, I always regarded surviving until January 2nd a major victory for me in the "Liver v. Alcohol" fight!

hi you say quite a few fae the frozen/icy north but I have a web address for one home brew shop within Aberdeen surely there must be more or is one all there is

Just the one HB shop in Aberdeen i'm afraid. They're good for equipment, but wouldn't recommend them for fresh ingredients, nice folks though. I use malt miller online for ingredients.

Just the one HB shop in Aberdeen i'm afraid. They're good for equipment, but wouldn't recommend them for fresh ingredients, nice folks though. I use malt miller online for ingredients.
thanks such a shame we seem to be so poorly equipped up north

thanks such a shame we seem to be so poorly equipped up north
I'm not sure there are enough of us to provide the high turnover that a shop needs for super fresh ingredients. They do have ingredients, but I don't know how quick the turnover is. It's a shame, as I live about a mile from the shop, it's very handy if I need something on brewday. On the plus side they are very competitive on equipment and less perishable items. I get all of my fermenters, plastics, etc at the shop. The staff are really helpful as well.

I also buy equipment from them.
The staff are very helpful and have a good knowledge in brewing.
I find the shop very handy when you run out of supplies, which i have never had a problem with.

Latest posts

Back