hello from north scotland

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freddie sharkey

Reaction score
hi my name is Freddie sharkey I live in a wee village [hamlet] called drummuir its in the town of Keith [5 miles into rural countryside]
my spare time is taking up with two very different styles on the one hand I have the misfortune to be born into the wrong body on the other the hobby which brings me peace home brew I'm not really sure what gives me more pleasure trying to live life as Fiona or making beer, wine and spirits
I believe life is too short so just be yourself and enjoy
feel free to ask questions or get in touch

hi my name is Freddie sharkey I live in a wee village [hamlet] called drummuir its in the town of Keith [5 miles into rural countryside]
my spare time is taking up with two very different styles on the one hand I have the misfortune to be born into the wrong body on the other the hobby which brings me peace home brew I'm not really sure what gives me more pleasure trying to live life as Fiona or making beer, wine and spirits
I believe life is too short so just be yourself and enjoy
feel free to ask questions or get in touch
hey, this is the interweb, no need to call yourself freddie or anything but what you choose.

Welcome! I'm in south Scotland; but only in Galloway through circumstance. Still have a building plot on Skye - but I think that ship has sailed. Definitely want to move back north, though!
Enjoy the forum: lots of experience & good advice on here

wow so many welcomes thank you all
at the moment I'm brewing a 40 pint coopers kit Australian pale ale slightly out of date but well back in the 90,s when I lived in Elgin I brewed a lager kit 3 years out of date apart from a dark colouring it tasted fine but what irks me is the severe lack of home brew shops up this end of the country when I started I was able to buy kits from boots asda and a chemist in bishopmill in Elgin there even was a couple of small home brew shops nothing now I search the web for shops localy nothing not even in Aberdeen which is a surprise

at the moment I'm brewing a 40 pint coopers kit Australian pale ale slightly out of date but well back in the 90,s when I lived in Elgin I brewed a lager kit 3 years out of date apart from a dark colouring it tasted fine but what irks me is the severe lack of home brew shops up this end of the country when I started I was able to buy kits from boots asda and a chemist in bishopmill in Elgin there even was a couple of small home brew shops nothing now I search the web for shops localy nothing not even in Aberdeen which is a surprise
I live in the middle of nowhere, and i can tell you the homebrew company. Co.uk is your friend, as well as other online ones. Never done kits mind so don't have much to offer on that front

Aberdeen has a homebrew shop on great northern road, www.aberdeenhomebrew.co.uk, nice for picking up odds and ends but not even close to competitive for malt or hops. I use a combination of thehomebrewcompany.co.uk, geterbrewed.co.uk and the-home-brew-shop.co.uk. The malt miller is also good.

Latest posts

Back