Hello from Norwich

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenacre

Reaction score
Hi all, hoping someone can perhaps point me in the right direction. New to the forum though not completely new to home-brewing having played around with some 1 gallon all-grain kits in the past (with varying degrees of success).

Decided to try and upscale somewhat and looking to invest in some reliable equipment for all grain brewing more towards the 5-gallon end of the scale.

Any ideas on where to begin?

Cheers in advance!

Hi Greenacre and welcome to the forum.
As you will find there are numerous paths for which you can follow for upgrading and you will certainly find more than enough information on the forum about this.It basically boils down to your own preferrnces ie money,space time etc and there will something to suit your needs.
I got back into brewing last August when I done my first AG with a stovetop kit which was for a 1 gallon brew which then became 5 gallon with the addition of some LME using a set of pots 5,8,11 and 15 which I bought on EBay.
Since then I've built myself a brew bench with a gas hob I bought for£15 and recently upgraded my pots to an 8 gallon pot all of which are in my garage.
So keep looking through the forum and I'm sure there shall be plenty of these helpful brewers along to give you different examples.
Cheers:thumb:

Thanks very much. I'm currently looking at a modified cool-box mash tun paired with a purpose made boiler (my DIY/electrical skills are nil so adapting standard catering equipment is out the question). Managed 1 gallon batches on the hob with a 10L stock pot but a lot of effort for not very much return.

Thanks very much. I'm currently looking at a modified cool-box mash tun paired with a purpose made boiler (my DIY/electrical skills are nil so adapting standard catering equipment is out the question). Managed 1 gallon batches on the hob with a 10L stock pot but a lot of effort for not very much return.
Check out this link and shall give you an indication of what you are looking for.I use it on a gas hob and once up to boil I have to turn the gas down due to attain a gentle rolling boil.
http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=66950

Sent from my ALE-L21

Back