Hello from Sunny Cornwall!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davey H

Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Dave and i live in Helston in Cornwall, although i originate from London :grin:

I am new to home brewing although my Dad dabbled a little back in the day. My Father-in-law has given me a small amount of kit to start me off so am taking my first baby steps. :shock:

Being a newbie i have decided to start off with an easy Cider kit (Brewbuddy) and all seems to be going well so far! After reading a few of the threads on here i will not succumb to impatience and will be leaving my first batch to ferment a little longer than it says on the instructions and also leaving them longer in the bottle to condition. How will i cope. :roll:

As you can guess i dont have any questions yet but i'm sure that i will need some expert advice at some point and as i become a little more experienced i will dabble a bit more and try some of the wonderful looking recipies i've seen so far.

All the Best,

Dave

Welcome to the Forum. as soon as i saw Cornwall i was here like a whippet.

I live in Penzance myself, born here and lived here all my life. Sounds good, same kit i used to start out with! i've only got 3 bottles left atm, letting them age for a good long time, after about 2 weeks its handsome! i did the stronger variation of the 32 pints at 7% though. i've got to admit i'd have a bottle every few days, it was a let down after the first few, but now its lovely.
hope you keep on going well!. thinking about buying myself another cider kit, maybe a pear cider though, can't wait!

Cheers

Andy

Hi Peapod...or can i call you pea... ;)

I should have said that i am doing the pear cider, not the normal one.

I will definately have to resist the temptation to drink early then! It sounds like it is best to leave them to condition :roll: . :thumb:

Ahh i see, yeah sure go ahead, my childhood nickname was "pea" or "p" cause my middle name is Pedyr (starts with a p, weird i know)

Alright well that sounds handsome! my sister has got the pear one of a brew and i'll see what hers is like. see how long she left it but good luck to you !

Latest posts

Back