Hello world......

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supasparxs

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’ve been making home brew for the last 6 or 7 years
My better half introduced me to it as she had made beers and wines for a long time

like others I started with Wilko kits as well as from the local Homebrew shop.
I had a load of beers waiting* to be drank and because of the COVID-19, I’ve distributed a lot of beer to mate who are self isolating.

last week I started a Three kits that I had waiting to use (2 different AIPA’s and a Cider)
I dare say I’m going to be very popular in a few weeks time:cool:

As I say my Mrs makes mainly wine,
She normally makes 23 or 46 litres of strawberry wine (harvested from our garden) a year
Dependant on the crop.

We have a 5 litres of blackberry wine from hedgerows last summer.

chat soon

Supasparxs

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, never had enough strawbs to make wine but a couple of years ago had enough rasps to make three gallons and it was absolutely fantastic.
Then they all died. Typical.
But last year we planted 25 new plants so hopefully this year we'll be knee deep in them again.

Welcome Supasparx. Glad to see that you and your partner are equally enlightened and that you're bringing relief to the thirsty in these times of alcoholic drought. Good to have you aboard.

Cool, never had enough strawbs to make wine but a couple of years ago had enough rasps to make three gallons and it was absolutely fantastic.
Then they all died. Typical.
But last year we planted 25 new plants so hopefully this year we'll be knee deep in them again.

What we do it pick for the fridge.
When we have enough for a few days we pick and freeze.
Then in the autumn she’d makes the wine

Back