Hello!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

critty

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Complete newbie brewer here and hoping that I can get some good experience, laughs and knowledge from joining a brewing community.

I have been interested in brewing my own beers for a while. The thought of taking time and brewing some beer that is going to be better quality than the shop bought variety excited me. However i was always put off with the thought of having to play and experiment with hops and malts. Also the number of brew combinations overhelmed me. I treid reading some books but I am the sort of person that never absorbs information from books as esily as actually doing it myself. And with no one else arround me that did it I was unable to get any kind of hands on experience.

it wasn't until recently that I discovered the kits that could be bought. This offered a way for me to easily break into brewing and sampling my own made beers. I snapped up a starter kit from Barnsley market and the following day I jumped into home brewing.

It's been a learning curve that i have enjoyed. the kit's instructions didn't mention a lot of the stuff that i had read on this site about lagers. And if you read my post (http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=25425) you can see I panicked a bit.

but it's all an experience and it was only a cheap kit so if something goes wrong I won't cry about it. Hell I will probably still drink it lol.

The kind of beers I like are wheat beers, ales and bitters. I also like honey wines, i tried these in Germany and I am wanting to make my own, and gluehwines.

Hi & welcome to the forum :drink:

Patience will be the hardest part until you build up a stash. It's just an excuse to brew more though. :cheers:

Thats the plan :party: . Once this batch goes into a pressure barrel I will start a batch of ale or wheat beer off. I may even buy a demijohn and set a gluehwine or honey wine off to be ready for Christmas.

Your right though about patience. I have just been out to the shed to check on the current batch. It's still bubbling away. :)

Latest posts

Back