Hello

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olie

Reaction score
Hello,
another new brewer, lots of useful info found on this site already, thanks...
I'm planning my first brew for this week, have wanted to brew beer for a while but not been very excited by the idea of using a kit, so discovering brew-in-a-bag online has pushed me to finally get started. Thinking of small brews, 1 or 1.5 us gallons, as I live in a small flat, and want to brew often to get better!

A first question: I read the thread about a recipe for Nogne IPA (being a Nogne fan), although it might be too ambitious for my first brew it's certainly one I'd like to have a go at soon-ish. All the grain amounts are only given as percentages, how do you convert that to weight?

thans,
Olie

ah, found something of an answer already, the recipe for Nogne IPA in the recipe thread gives weights...

Hi and welcome, we organise a meet every year, the spring thing, for more details and to register for the news letter click on the link above. The best way to convert percentages into weights is to use one of the brewing software beer engines available. I use the free one on Graham wheelers practical brewing website.

Hi Olie and welcome , good luck on going for BIAB for your first brew , there are many how to guides available to read through but before you go in the deep end maybe you can have a go at extract brewing before hand (unless you feel happy with BIAB method) extract brewing is a lot easier and will get you ready for the next step, feel free to ask away any question on any brewing methods :thumb:

thanks for the welcomes!
I know it's the usual thing to start with a kit, but not very inspired by the idea. Have read the John Palmer and Randy Mosher books, plus loads of online stuff on BiaB, so think I've got a rough idea what I'm letting myself in for...

might regret it, will report back in a few days!

Latest posts

Back