Help

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All done is the first one always this stressful? Got an inkbird set at 23.3 with 1.5 degrees allowance either way sensor taped to vessel with a sponge over top
Relax. You don't need all that stuff. It's not the boiling hot middle of summer Just let it do it's work and then drink it. Brewing's supposed to be fun, not stressful. Get a few more on the go.

Relax. You don't need all that stuff. It's not the boiling hot middle of summer Just let it do it's work and then drink it. Brewing's supposed to be fun, not stressful. Get a few more on the go.
The wife made me put it outside and were in central scotland so it prob drop to 4 degrees outside tonight

I'd wrap it up and put a big box over it...well no,what I'd do is bring it in and put it somewhere warm...
box stuffed with foam a 1.6kw heater

Attachments

• 20200428_212515.jpg
    20200428_212515.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 56
Much too warm at 23.5*+/- 1.5*C.
Set your inkbird at 19.0*C, or thereabouts
You are supposed to be brewing a lager (presumably with an ale yeast), not a fruity estery bitter
There's no rush. If it takes 8 days to finish rather than 5 so what?

Last edited:
Just following box thibk I should lower it? Dosnt say what yeast just says between 20 and 25

Just following box thibk I should lower it? Dosnt say what yeast just says between 20 and 25
Kit instructions are usually geared to getting you producing your beer in the shortest time possible to make their product attractive, which is not necessarily compatible with the best that can be achieved with what came in the box. So the choice is yours, follow the instructions to the letter, or follow the advice of folks on here.

Latest posts

Back