Hi everyone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larplady

Reaction score
I thought I'd take the plunge and sign up after lurking here for a while.

New to brewing, made my first two gallons of Turbo-Cider last year which were a bit tart but went down well :)

Looking into ciders, meads and wines. I never got a taste for ale sadly, but I do like me some proper cider.

Other than that, I'm a larper, lecturer and cat owner.

welcome to the forum :thumb:

If you want proper cider then you can make a west country style cider from carton apple juice but you need to add tannin and malic acid and a yeast culture from a bottle of westons old rossie. If you ferment it and leave it for six months Malolactic fermentation will take place were by the malic acid is converted to lactic acid and other compounds which give the farmyard twang by the bacteria which are co existing with the yeast in a bottle of old rosie. Just search MLF and graysalchemy I have written a lot about it over the last 18 months.

Cheers

GA

My Bro-in-law LARPs, dunno how likely you are to have met him - he's in Lancaster.
Being slightly of the hippy persuasion he goes by the name of Tree, but I dunno what his LARPing persona(s) is(are)

Back