Hi Everyone.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum.
Hope the first brew is a good one!

Hello and welcome. I started 16 months ago and I’ve brewed 16 kits so far. It’s a great hobby, enjoy. You’ll be very popular with the neighbours.

Thanks for letting me join. My first brew is almost ready, a Geordie Lager kit. Really enjoying the process and the steep learning curve. Here’s to a successful result. Cheers everyone.
If it's a Geordie and a lager it will need to be cold - you need to wear t-shirt, shorts and flip flops (no socks) whilst brewing it, otherwise it won't be any good

Hi there Fellers, well time for an update on my first ever attempt at brewing using a Geordie Lager kit. Thanks to setting a new (second hand) fridge too cold I just about managed to freeze my freshly filled Corny keg solid. Who knew a simple fridge can be used as a freezer! I left it to defrost for a few days then dropped the pressure to zero, hooked up the gas, and set it to about 7psi. I must say that I’m impressed with the clarity and look of this lager. Not too convinced about the taste, but the more of it I drink, the better it tastes……. here’s a quick vid. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• VID_20220311_223944.mp4
    7.5 MB
Looks like you can see the Chimney stacks of Sunderland through it, congrats on the clarity.
What's planned as a second brew / how's it going?
Enjoy.

Latest posts

Back