Hi from another new North East Scotland member

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RxAngus

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got back into the homebrew game after an absence of 20 years or so. I'm in Moray in Speyside - the heart of malt whisky country.

I've stuck to kits since starting again although I have done BIAB in a kettle before. So far this time I've done Beerworks Dockers IPA, Festival Pride of London Porter, Evil Dog Double IPA and later today, St Peter Ruby Red Ale. The kits are massively better than they used to be and I could certainly recommend the Porter. All my beers are kegged as I like a draft beer.

I've ordered a Klarstein Fullhorn and my next brew will be BIAB which doesn't phase me. Is there an easy way to calculate the boil volume needed in a Fullhorn to end up with say 20L in the fermenter? The max volume for a boil in the Fullhorn without overflowing would also be info I'd appreciate.

Thinking of doing the Punk IPA or Jackhammer DIY Dog all grain kits from BrewUK. Any opinions on either of these or alternatively, a good all grain Landlord kit? I have a wide taste in beers so will brew IPAs, porters etc in time. Obviously it would be nice if my first BIAB goes well so any tips very welcome.

Cheers!

Angus

Hi Angus and welcome, I have a full horn this is pushing it to the limit doing a 23L brew, the max mark is 27L, have a search on the web for brew mate a recipe builder it’s free, my full horn is 18 months old now done lots of brews and no problems, I use the dunk sparge method but you can use whatever suits you best
6AAA6C0C-5A48-40BE-A7C1-F394281FC3AC.jpeg

Hi Angus and welcome, I have a full horn this is pushing it to the limit doing a 23L brew, the max mark is 27L, have a search on the web for brew mate a recipe builder it’s free, my full horn is 18 months old now done lots of brews and no problems, I use the dunk sparge method but you can use whatever suits you best View attachment 42962
Many thanks for that info and to you and others for the welcome! BrewMate looks really good.

Latest posts

Back