Hi from Austria

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Austrian brewing

Reaction score
Just got my second brew underway. A woodforde wherry. I substituted the yeast that came with the kit for a safale 04. Hope this yeast is suitable? Anybody out there done a wherry with this yeast? My first brew, a St Peter's Ruby Red is conditioning in bottles in a cool garage although I couldn't resist sampling a couple! Tasted great although little on the young side!
Planning a woodforde sundew next.

Hi and welcome. S-04 is a good yeast and better than the one that's supplied with the kit so good choice! I did a Wherry and it came out wonderful although you do need to give it a least a month after bottling/kegging!

Thanks. Glad to be on the forum. Loads of hints and tips on here. All I need now is some patience! In the process of collecting few empty bottles! Zillertal is the local brew but it hasn't tasted as good since they swapped from brown to green bottles about 3 years ago. Want to try and get brown bottles for my brews so looks like I'll have to swap to Weissbier as that comes mostly in brown bottles here.

Latest posts

Back