Hi from Kent :)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Doubtful

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I've been lurking here for a week and thought it about time I registered and introduced myself. :grin:

I've got a DJ with my first batch since returning to home brewing bubbling away as we speak. I bought a Wilko's Chardonnay kit having seen a couple of reviews and not having the time/space/inclination to pit and peel tonnes of fruit or veggies these days. It got off to a slow start (no central heating) but is now blooping away at least once per second. I've got until next Monday before I can de gas and put finings in... drums fingers :roll:

Now, I'm not a girl who does things by halves so having seen the WOW recipe I was motivated to up production, much to my OH's despair; we live in a one bedroom flat :shock: Being a resourceful woman I posted a 'wanted' ad on Freegle and three very lovely individuals offered me various kit essentials. I am now the proud owner of two glass hydrometers and jars, two buckets, two Boots filter kits (not sure they're going to be easy to sanitise), four more DJ's, loads and loads of bungs, corks, plastic bottle caps, labels, a corker, air traps, and a partridge in a pear tree! As my partner would say 'shy kids get nowt' :lol:

Whilst collecting my stash of goodies I've been to Aldi and bought RGJ and WGJ, OJ, Cranberry Juice and Apple Juice in anticipation of having a collection of DJ's hubble bubbling away behind the TV :whistle:

This weekend I shall mostly be... making WOW :drunk:

welcome to the forum. The WOWs are great. also having DJs in your bedroom is great, I love going to sleep to the sound of "Bloop... ... ... bloop" :thumb:

Thank you :cheers:

It seems a nice cheery forum. I'm sure I'll have loads of newbie questions for you, particularly when I go solo (sans kit) this weekend :?

Latest posts

Back