Hi from Oxfordshire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzephyrs

Reaction score
Hi everyone :cheers:
Been visiting the forum for a few weeks and have learned loads, thanks everyone - I've returned to homebrewing after a few years break and moved on to extract brewing after making a few kits. I started primarily to save money, decent beer not being cheap, but it's a rewarding hobby as well as a money saver and just occasionally the beer comes out really good :drink:
(had a few dodgy brews but its all a learning process - currently drinking a strong bitter that had crystal malt steeped too long & hot - tannin tang :roll: )
Just made a single coil chiller for me Burco and managed to get 10m 8mm copper pipe from the local plumbers merchant for £15 cash - pays to shop around!
Also I'm just starting playing with yeast - harvested some from one brew, split it and used one lot to start the next, that worked fine but the remaining yeast started to smell pretty foul after a while (kept cool but not in fridge)- threw it away and will pay more attention to hygeine and storage temperature in future.
Also I have a surplus of 2011 Whitbread Golding hops from Simply Hops if anyone wants some at cost and can pick em up from Banbury - maybe not the most pungent in the world but around 6% alpha and the price was most definitely right (under £30 for 5kg including delivery)
Anyway, thanks to all the contributors here, you're a mine of invaluable info :cheers:

Latest posts

Back