Hi from Swansea

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlsenior

Reaction score
Just a little note about myself, been brewing from kits and making wine for a long time now, had some success and had some disasters :D
Just got back into it after a break of a couple of years and started a Black Rock bitter which will be ready to put into the keg in a couple of days.
I'm going to give the Wilko Sweet Newkie a shot over the weekend, hopefully it will turn out like the reviews :cool:
At the moment i'm using 2 FV's with heater belts and a couple of kingkegs which can be a nightmare so i'm thinking of investing in a corny or two.
thanks for having me as part of the forum
Carl

Just a little note about myself, been brewing from kits and making wine for a long time now, had some success and had some disasters :D
Just got back into it after a break of a couple of years and started a Black Rock bitter which will be ready to put into the keg in a couple of days.
I'm going to give the Wilko Sweet Newkie a shot over the weekend, hopefully it will turn out like the reviews :cool:
At the moment i'm using 2 FV's with heater belts and a couple of kingkegs which can be a nightmare so i'm thinking of investing in a corny or two.
thanks for having me as part of the forum
Carl

Hi Carl,get rid of the heater belts (unless you have them on a thermostat ?) and buy a 25w fish tank heater from Amazon for £7.50 and set it to 20 degrees.
Oh,sorry,welcome mate :drunk:

Hi Carl,get rid of the heater belts (unless you have them on a thermostat ?) and buy a 25w fish tank heater from Amazon for £7.50 and set it to 20 degrees.
Oh,sorry,welcome mate :drunk:

Thanks for the advice, if I get time a fridge is the way forward, had a boots immersion heater until last year, worked great, lent it to a friend broke it and that was that :evil: fishtank heater sounds like a good plan!

Another option if you are going to use a heat belt is to have it on a timer. On for 15 mins every hour. Worked for me in winter

Back