Hi Gene Beer Engine Seal needed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benn

Reaction score
Hello All

I'm new to the site and need some advice as to where I can purchase a seal for a Hi Gene beer engine. I purchased this some 14 years ago for my home basement bar and it served me well until it packed in this Christmas half way through a cask of real ale :(

I stripped it down and found a topic in this section with a lot of pics. Although mine seems slightly different the large brown silicone washer seems to have perished, the other rubber o rings seem to be OK. I have emailed C.F.B.S. but it appears from their site they no longer offer the expensive seal kit. I have been trying to scour the web to see if I can find some silicone or soft pliable sheet I could cut to size but without success.

Any pointers or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I have included two photos below to give an idea of what I am on about.

Cheers

Bern
IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2148.jpg

Thanks for the ideas! Thanks bobsbeers i also spotted that but its far too expensive a kit and even more with postage from the USA. I have bought some cheap silicone coasters from amazon but will scour the £ shops for baking sheet at the right thickness.

Cheers again

london_lhr said:
Hi,

here is a selection of silicone sheets and also various thicknesses on Ebay.
Hope this helps.

Barry.

Thanks Barry Just bought some 1.5mm white, £2.88 delivered! It should be flexible enough to work as the seal on the piston on its upstroke, yet flap open on the downstroke to allow the ale through.

Thanks again everyone.

Thanks Barry Just bought some 1.5mm white, £2.88 delivered! It should be flexible enough to work as the seal on the piston on its upstroke, yet flap open on the downstroke to allow the ale through.

Thanks again everyone.
I've just come across this in my search for a similar replacement seal. Did you have any success with this?

Latest posts

Back