Hopandgrape & Brupaks experience

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Likbas

Reaction score
Hello this thread is about my experience of Hopandgrape shop and Brupaks.

First the apportionment of Brupaks malts and the choice of Brupaks Hops, I very like:

30/60/120/240 Caramel/Crystal malt gradiation is gladly. Oft is the Medium Crystal (100-170) a lirttle bit to sharp. 120EBC is perfect! And more then 240EBC I don't think for what I should use it (240EBC is enough). And every Base malt that I wish: Maris, Pearl, Optic, Golden Promise, Halcyon, Mild... inkl. Amber and Brown malt and all other roasted malts.

Only the 240EBC malt misses at hopeandgrape.

In february I asked Hopandgrape if I can buy via IBAN (bank transfer) no answer today. Writes hopandgrape anyone back? What's your service expierience?

So I wrote brupaks directly, also for questioning for oppening a own shop:

"Hallo Brupaks! I am a home brewer from germany, specialized in british ale and enthused about your supply. A clearly and completely choice of Malts and Hops, everything what a brewer need, nothing is missing. Also a own ale yeast, that's fascinating!

So Hopandgrape has the biggest offer of Brupaks products (only dark crystal missed), but I contacted they and I didn't get an answer.

My question, exist a shop with whole offer of brupaks products in europe(UK and continental) or can I buy directly some ingredients?

In future I consider about to make a own shop with brupaks products for continental europe.
I think europe to have learn more about great british brewing art. And brupaks looks like the best for this project.

What do you think about it? Can you help me?

Best regards"

And I got an answer.... But it was confusing for me:

"
Hello

Sorry but our products are only available from the UK. There will be no problem, however, for you to buy directly from us. Just let me know the items you would like and I will advise you of availability, prices, carriage costs etc.

best regards"

And I responded following in cursive the citation:

" Sorry but our products are only available from the UK.

Okay?

There will be no problem

So after all?

however, for you to buy directly from us.

That was my Idea.

Just let me know the items you would like and I will advise you of availability, prices, carriage costs etc.

Nice. But I still live in Germany.

Could you mean as a consumer I must be live in UK and as a trader may I live everywhere? Or the other way around?

Sorry your answer was confusing for me. First you said no, second you said yes. What's valid in which relation?"

Can someone help me with it? Again I got no answer, but still very interessting in Brupaks products. Or is it my too rough autistic written kind? Be honest. I can't change it, but I don't mean it bearish.

Last edited:
Basically they are saying:
1: there is no Europe outlet so you must buy from UK
2: you can buy direct from them
3: tell them exactly what yo want and they’ll tell you how much to pay including delivery etc

Basically they are saying:
1: there is no Europe outlet so you must buy from UK
2: you can buy direct from them
3: tell them exactly what yo want and they’ll tell you how much to pay including delivery etc

Buying from UK is no problem, I like to buy sometimes malts and hops direct form UK. But is he shipping to Germany?

Is he ****** off about me?

No he’s fine.
It possibly just translates that way, lol.

Just email him what you want and he’ll sort it out for you I’m sure!

Okay he still doesn't answer. Phew! "Difficult birth" with english businessmen. If he doesn't answer, I can forget my shop idea.

Please don't take this as criticism as I would not be able to write fluently in another language, but your English is not the best.

If you are opening a shop, pay for a good translator rather than using GoogleTranslate. This will show the supplier that you are professional and will help make your questions clear. From your email, it is difficult to understand if you want to place a small order to be shipped overseas (ie you are a homebrewer) or if you want them to supply your new business (big order for shop!).

From his reply, he is willing to ship from the UK to Germany and is waiting for you to tell him what you want - then he will give you prices and transport costs

I agree that he's just saying there are no shops in Europe so he will sell direct to you if you let him know what you want. Might be a case that a phone call is easier than trying to write everything as there's a bit of a language barrier on both sides.

As for an Englishman saying one thing and meaning another...

article-2408583-1B92B6A3000005DC-806_634x420.jpg

Or if you need help in writing the emails, just post on here and I'm sure one of us will make the required corrections and clarifications.

Pavros

I know and I told it in my thread "Hello from Germany" for any warnings that my english isn't the best. You critic is much more kind than a critic from a common german. A critic from a common german is.... like a mortar grenade.

-Bezza-

I wrote him what I want to have for my shop, it obtained to "Okay he still doesn't answer".

Thanks for the list, we in Germany have also a similar list, but it names "German -> Woman | Woman -> German translation" by Mario Barth. But it's a joke from him, don't serious ;-) But the people in Austria are very similar in this fact to Englishman.

And thank you for your helpfulness.

And yes I mean it as I say. So if I say "thank you" I mean "You are really in my debt".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back