How many sachets?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanManley

Landlord.
Reaction score
Got a RIS on the go. Aiming for a 1080OG.

Will I need one or two packs of 11g Lalleland Nottingham Dried yeast?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I would use 2 given the OG & assuming its a 23L ish batch, and start at a low temp.to try to control the fermentation.

Very mixed inputs! 🤣
I went with one as needed to pitch before a reply. Gathered I can add more if needed. Aiming for 9% so fingers crossed!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Have you checked on a yeast calculator (Mr Malty, Brewers Friend etc)?
I'd be much more comfortable with two packs at that OG, what size batch is it?

I'd use 2, for the sake of a couple of quid it'll do no harm and it's better than a stuck brew.

I've never known a "stuck" brew to be caused by a lack of yeast; sorry.

A lager left in a fridge to ferment out over a period of ten weeks will still carbonate without the addition of any extra yeast.

I've always been given to understand that the usual causes of a "stuck" brew are either a lack of oxygen, a lack of fermentable sugars or a lack of nutrients.

I've never known a "stuck" brew to be caused by a lack of yeast; sorry.

A lager left in a fridge to ferment out over a period of ten weeks will still carbonate without the addition of any extra yeast.

I've always been given to understand that the usual causes of a "stuck" brew are either a lack of oxygen, a lack of fermentable sugars or a lack of nutrients.

You don't need to apologise, it's quite alright. ;) It is a common cause tho, look at the number of threads on hear for stuck wherry brews, that's because enough yeast isn't provided. The excellent "Yeast" brewing series book explains it in detail.

Latest posts

Back