How much work are you getting done working at home?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much work are you getting done working from home

• There's far too many distractions at home. Im doing less work

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • This is much better than going into work. Im doing loads more work

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Im doing about the same amount of work

• I can't work from home

• Im retired. Work is just an unpleasant memory

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
I always work better from home. Too many idiots at work distracting me with stupid comments or actions. But management don’t believe me and think I’m on a skive when I say this.

I went for am doing about the same amount of work the thing is though I do it in about a third of the time, when you have no random interruptions from colleagues, no pointless meetings, and can just get on with things it’s amazing how quickly things get done.

I do have the advantage though of no children at home, and a dedicated work space, from various video,conferences I’ve had with other colleagues I know I have it far better than most.

Im doing about the same amount of work - 5

I wonder if when this is all over companies realise they do not need all employees to work from offices and things will change.

Last edited:
I mostly work from home anyway apart from attending meetings and spending time with my teams - both now done over video. Video meetings are absolutely fine but time spent with my teams is not as good over video.

The workload though is pretty intense with most people now working at burnout rates to introduce new ways of working almost overnight.

I always work better from home. Too many idiots at work distracting me with stupid comments or actions. But management don’t believe me and think I’m on a skive when I say this.
Me too, that's why I am back at work today 😟

I am certainly busier working from home. All the short face to face meetings conducted in the office now seem to be pushed to email. It takes longer to answer emails than it does to provide a verbal answer. So why don't people phone more? Well, from my perspective I also seem to be having a lot more conferences calls every day too - I think today has been "light" with only three hours of calls.

Overall it feels busier, but I have a longer task list of small tasks and don't feel like I'm making as much solid progress, more running to walk slowly.

Probably more productive in many respects working at home. There is potential for distraction as my two kids are at home but the wife is keeping them under control. I've created a mini office in our bedroom which is a loft conversion so I've got a floor of separation from the rest of the house and also a door I can shut if needs be.

It has been commented that meetings on Microsoft Teams often go quicker and are more efficient as we get to the point and don't wander off subject too much / chat about unrelated stuff. I often have the computer running and starting the day earlier than I would do going into the office despite setting the alarm clock half an hour later in the mornings. Often working a bit later into the evening as well as it's time I'd be sat in a traffic jam otherwise.

I can work with the hardware I develop on remotely and if it does go wrong we have one or two people going into the office each week who can reset stuff.

Think I'm quite lucky really especially as I'm identified as extremely vulnerable (auto immune condition) and should be isolating for 12 weeks. On that basis I wouldn't be allowed into the office anyway so it's good I can do my job from home.

Also just got a Chromecast Audio for the mini Hi-Fi I've got up here so enjoying so old tunes and discovering some new ones.

Latest posts

Back