How to degas wine with a home made degassing wand

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Nidger

Regular.
Reaction score
Excellent,
I'll be rooting for one of these coat hangers later.
Thanks. 👍

Forgot to post I did make one 👍

IMG_20210523_010037103.jpg

AccoBrew

Reaction score
Thanks Chippy, going up into loft tomorrow to find a plastic coat hanger. 1 min sounds a lot better than shaking a DJ for days. 😎

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I bought the stainless steel one in the picture below when my trusty old home made one finally snapped and i couldn't find a round coat hanger to replace it, to be honest its better at degassing than my effort was (it doesn't splash as much), the one in the second link is a lot cheaper and is similar to the one i made.

1650973391432.png

AccoBrew

Reaction score
I bought the stainless steel one in the picture below when my trusty old home made one finally snapped and i couldn't find a round coat hanger to replace it, to be honest its better at degassing than my effort was (it doesn't splash as much), the one in the second link is a lot cheaper and is similar to the one i made.

AccoBrew

Reaction score

View attachment 67335
Chippy, do you use it in a 5 ltr DJ. Are the flap out arms made of plastic. Thanks again. 🙂🍷🥂