How to make beer labels?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chains

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering how I can make beer labels for a brew I'm getting on. I've had a look at some of the website ones listed on the boards but none do what I need.

Basically all I want is to be able to put a jpeg image in the background of a nice label.

Any suggestion how to do this or what software's good to use?

Cheers
:cheers:

Ian... said:
http://www.beerlabelizer.com/

Its a great little site and only costs 5$ for unlimited access. I use it all the time

cheers
Ian

So what exactly do you get for your money on that site that you don't get for free?

There are a choice of free lables but they charge for premium lables and using your own image as a background. Best things is go and have a look

I design mine in InDesign then print them out on A4 or sticky labels. If you have Microsoft Word and a pack of labels, you can use the label feature to print out an image on multiple labels. Most common label sheets are already templated, but you can also make your own template.

Ian... said:
There are a choice of free lables but they charge for premium lables and using your own image as a background. Best things is go and have a look

Had a look and will definitely use some of the free labels in the future but not prepared to pony up a fiver really.

SloeBrewer said:
I design mine in InDesign then print them out on A4 or sticky labels. If you have Microsoft Word and a pack of labels, you can use the label feature to print out an image on multiple labels. Most common label sheets are already templated, but you can also make your own template.

I've got ms word so will check out what I can do with if later. Never even crossed my mind using that so cheers.

Do you have MS Publisher as part of the same package? That's what I use for every one of my labels.

WelshPaul said:
Do you have MS Publisher as part of the same package? That's what I use for every one of my labels.

Never used publisher and it doesn't seem to be on my pc but I'm sure I could source it.
Is that a good one for labels then?

chains said:
Ian... said:

Had a look and will definitely use some of the free labels in the future but not prepared to pony up a fiver really.

It's 5 dollars which is about 3 quid

Ian... said:
http://www.beerlabelizer.com/

Its a great little site and only costs 5$ for unlimited access. I use it all the time

cheers
Ian
Thanks ian, great site and cheap at 5$ :thumb:

cheers for that avery link, have got some of there lables and was looking for something like that, will drag it onto my main computer early next week :D

I make black & white labels in GIMP (it's like photoshop but free) then create a simple word style doc (via free google docs), add a 3x6 table and insert a label into each table cell.

Then i print the sheets of labels off in the cheapest draft print quality on discarded scraps of paper i have hanging around.

Based off feedback from this forum, simple give the labels a quick lick of milk on thr backs and stick them onto my bottles.

The milk act like a weak glue on both glass and plastic, perfect for conditioning and drinking from then easy to remove when you want to re-use the bottle.

ye-olde-skool-brewery-labeli-new.png

coldlager said:
I make black & white labels in GIMP (it's like photoshop but free) then create a simple word style doc (via free google docs), add a 3x6 table and insert a label into each table cell.

Then i print the sheets of labels off in the cheapest draft print quality on discarded scraps of paper i have hanging around.

Based off feedback from this forum, simple give the labels a quick lick of milk on thr backs and stick them onto my bottles.

The milk act like a weak glue on both glass and plastic, perfect for conditioning and drinking from then easy to remove when you want to re-use the bottle.

I like the sound of that, and may give it a go myself :party:

Latest posts

Back