how to make strawberry wheat beer from a kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike1892

Reaction score
I have a coopers wheat beer kit to make, have 1kg of wheat spray malt to use with it, and was just wondering if anyone knows how to make this into a strawberry wheat beer? is it possible to do this and get a good result?

thanks

Not something I've done, but I would add something like this stuff once fermentation was finished. You could prime bottles with it if you can find out the sugar content.

Interesting, thanks. not sure how much you would use though and how realistic the flavour would be? does anyone know how I might go about this using fresh fruit?

Interesting, thanks. not sure how much you would use though and how realistic the flavour would be? does anyone know how I might go about this using fresh fruit?

Hi Mike, you might have a look at this suggestion from the Coopers site

http://www.coopers.com.au/#/diy-beer/beer-recipes/ale/detail/blushing-blonde/

Basically, you stick your berries in a bag (like dry hopping in a sense) after primary fermentation is finished, so as not to "blow off" the aroma.

Freezing is a good way to break down the cell walls in the fruit, without losing the aroma too much, so frozen and defrosted is a suggestion. If I were doing this, I might use raspberries, but that's an old idea, from CJJ Berry days.

Hi Mike, you might have a look at this suggestion from the Coopers site

http://www.coopers.com.au/#/diy-beer/beer-recipes/ale/detail/blushing-blonde/

Basically, you stick your berries in a bag (like dry hopping in a sense) after primary fermentation is finished, so as not to "blow off" the aroma.

Freezing is a good way to break down the cell walls in the fruit, without losing the aroma too much, so frozen and defrosted is a suggestion. If I were doing this, I might use raspberries, but that's an old idea, from CJJ Berry days.

Hi there,

Thanks for that, I didn't realise such a page existed. That's really good! I ended up making this kit with orange peel and coriander last night, but if it tastes nice as a base kit, I would be tempted to try it with the recipe for the blushing blonde by adding fruit to it. Might be a little while till I get onto this one but that's a great heads up, thanks.

Mike

I think someone on here primed a beer with 20ml of strawberry syrup, which they bought from a Polish shop, instead of sugar. Obviously need to be careful of amount of sugar in it so you dont explode bottles.

Latest posts

Back