How to make your first Wurzel's Orange Wine - Discussion

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Moley
Great post, it is just 3 weeks late. However I started a second gallon of WOW off yesterday and its nice to see I did it right. ( that one has been going 24 hours and is bubbling every 2 seconds). I am eagerly awaiting your next steps as my first gallon is now clearing and is ready for a second racking and maybe filtering.

Will i have to add another crushed camdon tablet to the DJ like I did for the first racking? :wha:

Cheers
Ian

Hi Ian, I'm glad to hear your brews are going well.

Apologies, but 2nd racking / filtering and bottling won't be added for another week or more.

But do you add another CT?
Yes.

Moley,you've carried on as you started loved the second post,already looking forward to the third.

Cheers Graham

Hi all,

got my 1st gal. of WOW on the go. It's been fermenting nicley but at no time did I experience the mad rush at the begining.
Should I be worried? :wha:

cheers

Carl

beer elf said:
Should I be worried? :wha:
No, a couple of degrees drop in ambient temperature makes a huge difference, I started another batch yesterday and it's going well, but not volcanic. Fermentation takes a little longer, but I think that is actually preferable.

Hi there moley clearing my orange past 5 weeks now done wot u said on ur how2 gr8 stuff. wen can I back sweetn and drink it please :cheers: :thumb: :hmm: E

I would usually back-sweeten after racking, but I've also added around 50ml of white grape juice to each bottle at the time of bottling.

It's drinkable almost immediately but improves if you can keep it for another month.

HEY thanx moley I got sum grape juice left will top up with that. will hav a sip l8r I think :drink: gr8 how 2 sure will do sum more on a bigger scale only did 2ltrs this time :cheers: :thumb: E

HIagain moley just had a taste of this wine its stunning and smooth. WOW :rofl: :cheers: :thumb: will do this on a BIGGER scale 4 sure and so cheap 2 . GR8 E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back