Hubby wanting to do a beer kit........

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnerslover

Reaction score
I've been making wine for last couple of months, so letting him use 25ltr FV's.

He loves hobgoblin,bishops finger those type (4 for a fiver at shops).

So can anyone recommend a kit for a total novice at beer making....thanks :thumb:

just get a basic kit of malt extract, i only make all grain but my grandads beer makes kit beer and the best ones allways seem to be the cheaper ones. plenty of kit beer brewers here to talk to. its very easy though. i recomend getting some hops to ''dry hop'' because im a hop head :thumb:
happy brewing.
Ollie

woodfordes ... 2 can kits with no sugar or anything to add (extract kits) and end product is good :thumb: :D ive just done a wherry kit .. quite a 'hoppy' beer so depends what he likes .. i plan to try nelsons revenge next as its supposed to be as 'hoppy' ..... then again i liked the final product from my wherry kit even though i didnt like woodfordes wherry on draught at the pub .... too much citrus (grapefruit) for my liking :lol:

better still .. buy him his own starter kit so he dont have to use yours :lol: :rofl:

magnerslover said:
So can anyone recommend a kit for a total novice at beer making
I get the impression that all kits (Beer, Wine and Cider) are aimed at the novice Brewer/Vinter/Maker, but as usual I could be wrong! :eek:
Just wait till he gets the hang of it and goes AG. :thumb:

Thanks for all your replys......my local HB shop just opened so not alot of choice....hence may have to buy online.

Latest posts

Back