I ask for Forgiveness.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dieseljockey

Regular.
Reaction score
Forgive me Brothers of the home brew, for I have sinned. Today the memsahib & I went for lunch at a Thai Resturant in Stratford, and I drank.......I can't believe I'm saying this......Thai Lager... .

In mitigation can I add, there was no choice, other than another brand of lager....

I ask to be allowed to return to the Dark Side..

I'm drinking bitter shandy on the garden.... But I did make the bitter :grin:

As long as you were eating a Thai then it was appropriate. However that doesn't ,make it a decent beer.

Absolution given.

:thumb:

If it was Tiger it actually has some taste unlike most of the branded stuff....I'm quite partial to Singha...both bring back fond holiday memories and a want to go back :drink:
I ask to be allowed to return to the Dark Side..Image
Ahh, go on, go on go on, don't let it happen too many times :grin:

Sometimes a man can have his head turned by loose women and strong drink, the Thai restaurant is obviously a den for the foodie but not the drinkist. You have transgressed DJ, so perhaps the best way forward is to absolve your soul with extra quantities of your finest home brewed ale to regenerate your pallete and cleanse your system. Better to do this as soon as possible with several glasses, perhapd at a suitable ratio, say 2 times the amount you drank at the restaurant should be consumed tonight at home and at least one pint per night until next weekend. Hopefully the food was good quality to detract from the drink you were forced to consume, lets face it, if that was the only option other than soft drinks maybe on this occasion it is understandable :lol:

I suppose the old maxim 'when in Rome' although in this case, 'not in Thailand' but eating Thai goes for this one. At least you drank a Thai beer rather than a British one, so forgivness is forthcoming. :cheers:

Well i must be a true sinner , i've drank nothing but Lager for the passed 30 years , i've brewed 39 AG brews and only two have been an Ale which i was'nt keen on ,
But i do drink Ale before Lager when i go the pub ;)

Dieseljockey said:
Forgive me Brothers of the home brew, for I have sinned. Today the memsahib & I went for lunch at a Thai Resturant in Stratford, and I drank.......I can't believe I'm saying this......Thai Lager... .

The Bard would turn in his grave!

I'm quite partial to Singha

That's what it was, not bad either.. :eek:

As long as you were eating a Thai then it was appropriate

That's one way of looking at it... :thumb:

if that was the only option other than soft drinks maybe on this occasion it is understandable :lol:

I'll take that..

I'm sorry but I'm afraid you will have to do 3 hail marys and 2 our fathers

What about the sister?? :twisted:

I now feel cleansed.. :pray: thank you brothers.

nowt wrong with that, proper imported beers can be quite interesting, and a great accompniment to a the associated meal.

at least you didn't opt for John Smiths, or Carling. then you would probably find youself banned from the internet, not just a homebrew forum.

Latest posts

Back