I found my old Homebrew forum pint glass from circa 2009

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Back in 2009 forum member WEZ organised pint glasses marked up for the homebrewforum members .

I stumbled across mine yesterday.

Qnyone else still got one..?
IMG_1667.jpg

Wow, you were on here early! You would have witnessed David Heath's first foray into home brewing in 2015 when he was asking for help with Woodford's Headcracker

Wow, you were on here early! You would have witnessed David Heath's first foray into home brewing in 2015 when he was asking for help with Woodford's Headcracker
I came on July 2008 and Sadly I had hung up my mash paddle around 2012 due to a house move.

When I returned thhings had changed immesurably and im having to a) relearn what I forgot and b) get my head round the changes..

Back then ewetoob was in its infancy , much of our chat was how to make mash tuns, false bottoms, manifolds and spinny sparge arms If you had a pump for your 3 pot system you were some kind of god. We were all on a big brewing adventure.

There were few online resources for malt and hops, most came from my local HBS. and boilers were made with tesco kettle elements. I used to drive up to Warminster and get 25kg of Marris otter straight off themill.

i clearly remember trawling chemists trying to find one that would order me some iodine based contact steriliser..

Water treatment was half a campden tablet and maybe if you were a real guru some DWB.

Clone of the day was TTL

The forum was like a chat room some nights where we were all sat roung getting hammered and typing merde.

I came close to divorce when I ibrought in a 60L thermopot and matching kettle from Germany..

Now I just bought an AIO for around the price i paid for the thermopot, its conversion and the ketle elements..

Latest posts

Back