I give up!!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warnie

Reaction score
Can someone do me a massive favour?

I'm doing another Batham's Bitter tomorrow and I'm having so much trouble with the maxi-biab calculator!

I wanted to adjust the grain and hop bill to properly suit my equipment which is a 19ltr stock pot (30.5cm x 26cm).

This is the recipe: Pale malt 4480g
Start of boil
Northdown 18g
Fuggles 31g

End of boil:
Goldings 10g

Would anyone reading this who knows how to use the calculator please put the recipe in for me for a full 23ltr brew length? I know it's a big ask but I need to see where I'm going wrong with it :?

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it as I really want this one to be spot on as it's for my dads 60th birthday party.

:cheers:

Warnie,
Your recipe is a bit thin on details but I might be able to work something out. I'll PM you re the specifics. I'll also update this post once we got the "details" out of the way.

Cheers,

Massive thanks to 'Lambert' who gave up far more of his time then I could ever wish for, to guide me through how to use the Maxi-BIAB-calculator.

The result was just under 23ltrs of Bathams Best Bitter in my 19ltr pot at 1.045OG with all volumes and hop weights adjusted accordingly for maxi-biab. I pitched the re-hydrated yeast at 11pm sunday night and have just checked it. It's now at 1.010 so is pretty much done already. Taste is promising even at this early stage so I'll leave it for a week now before I bottle, it should then be ready for my dads 60th birthday on June 24th :party:

pittsy said:
Always pleasing that folk will help each other out :thumb: hope your Dad enjoys his beer

thanks, I'm sure he will as he loves a pint of Bathams when he visits the pub, but in the house he drinks cans of Banks's Bitter :sick: so to have bathams in the house should be a rare treat if it's any good that is :pray:

Latest posts

Back