I'd forgotten how good they were

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snail59

Regular.
Reaction score
Anyone stumbled a cross an old track they hadn't heard for a while and thought bloody hell how good was that.

Tonight I stumbled across.

Lindisfarne:- Lady Eleanor.

fantastic song - one of the reasons we called our daughter Eleanor!

:cheers:

They were one of the first bands I ever saw live.
OMG, how long ago was that? :eek:

I've also seen them supporting Fairport at Cropredy (also a good few years ago).

Do yourself a favour and look up “Winter Song”

Moley said:
OMG, how long ago was that? :eek:

I've also seen them supporting Fairport at Cropredy (also a good few years ago).

Do yourself a favour and look up “Winter Song”
Saw them several times in the early 70`s, use to go to a lot of festivals, so did they. Your right Moley Winter song is a great track. Alan Hull died to young, truly great song writer.

I thought exactly the same just the other day whilst listening to a Cure covers CD that was free last year in NME.
What I'd actually forgotten was how good their song intros were......had to have a listen to a few original Cure tracks too after that random thought :lol:

Moley said:

I've seen them live too ... but I have no idea where and when. :whistle:

I've just listened to Fleetwood Mac's “Rumours” - that really is almost a ‘Best Of’ in one album, not a duff track on it.

Realised my iPod is missing “Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to”.
Oh well, I'll rectify that tonight.

Moley said:
Realised my iPod is missing “Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to”.
Oh well, I'll rectify that tonight.

I've got the US version of Then Play On with Oh Well on it. I could send you 'it' if you wish?

Now come on Tony, you know THBF can't condone breach of copyright :nono:

Thanks for the offer but I have got it at home, although it's probably still on vinyl.

:D Note the use of the inverted commas on the 'it' above! I was of course, offering to send the original :whistle:

"Peter Greens" Fleetwood Mac are my favorite band. I have all there works on both vinyl and cd, so good I bought it twice.

Back