Ideas for Brexit law changes

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ale

Reaction score
Just watching the news still talking about what will happen now the letter was delivered yesterday. It made me think what laws should be changed. Serious and silly suggestions welcome.

I'll start us off with bananas, remember the bananas having to be straight law, well I say we should have a straight banana tax. Any bananas which are straight and comply with the EU law will have a tax added to them. Bananas of any other shape will not incur this tax and be cheaper when sold. The more bizaar the shape, the bigger the tax cut.

well tax will be added to what ever they want to tax and what we don't want them to tax
so fingers cross we may be lucky to get something that not tax we like

Tax relief on the purchase of home brewing equipment and ingredients would be good

Interest free and VERY low repayments on all brewery equipment. 😜🍻

Im surprised no one has said no tax on beer. Without the tax it would be cheap enough that our pubs would be full again.

A motorway style lane system on footpaths so slow people like me don't get run over all the time. We don't need Brexit for that, but I'd like it!

Annexation of a Scottish Island for the SNP and Ms Sturgeon to have their undisputed independence and referendums on whatever they choose. Then they can all go there do what they want, and the rest of us don't get to hear about it any more.

I reckon they should set up focus groups for young and middle aged people to talk what it was like when we were in the EU purely as preparation for 40 years time when people start saying:

" Remember when we were in the EU, that were great weren't it"

By then all the oldies who voted out will be gone and all the young ones who blame all the oldies can do it all over again.

Homebrewing education should be mandatory in schools and everyone over the age of 18 should keep a stash of grain, hops, yeast and brewing equipment in case of a national emergency.

Don't get me started.

Pass a bill restricting the sale of tobacco and then tack on a piece of legislation effectively handing the ecig market over to big tobacco and pharma companies.

I wonder who campaigned for that?

The legalisation of a certain herbal plant, i don't use it myself but know people who do because pain meds are too dangerous. It's insane it's still illegal in 2017.

People who go to petrol stations must buy just that..or diesel...not do a weekly shop at the same time!

That should be in the grumpy thread as it is one of my pet hates, they should have a fuel only till or people buying fuel only should be served first.

Back