Impulse Buy

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halfacrem

Landlord.
Reaction score
Very nice.

Fridge next.... then maybe a conical fermenter.... oh go on, I'll take the InfuSsion mash tun as well...

Ok, I'm done.

Great pot that (I dont have that exact one but I have a 50L that size) you can do full BIAB with that nice one.

Genuine Question: Will that induction hob heat 30L to boil?

Great pot that (I dont have that exact one but I have a 50L that size) you can do full BIAB with that nice one.

Genuine Question: Will that induction hob heat 30L to boil?

By all accounts, yes. According to a chap who's got the same set up, he's boiled 32 litres at an outside temp of 2C . I doubt I'll boil that much, not for the moment anyway, but it gives me options of either staying with my cool box mash tun, or testing out some BIAB. :thumb:

The Buffalo arrived yesterday and I've just received delivery times for the Brew Kettle. I thought I would be a quick test with my cheapo Buckingham 19l pan. I didn't think this would work on the induction hob, as only certain ferro-magnetic, (something like that) metals will work. I did a magnet test with the pan and nothing happened. However, I put it on the hob and it works! Currently doing a boil test for timings!

This is really good news as I can now do split wort batches and use my old pan for a different hop schedule :thumb:

2016-03-16%2009.31.22.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

16 Litres of 14C water up to strike temp (75C) in 23 minutes, which is much quicker than my gas ring heats half that quantity :thumb:

And from 14c to rolling boil took 37 minutes.

I reckon the SS kettle will do that quicker, but I'm just really chuffed the old kettle works on the thing!:)

Here's the beauty! Note the extra port top right. I wasn't expecting that as it's not shown on the marketing pictures.

Filled with Star San at the moment, then I'll pop it on the hob to see how it heats up!

2016-03-16%2011.38.14.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Toying with the idea with going full-length BIAB and this set up seems to be the mutts nuts, but it's also the most expensive! Might start small with that Peco deal on the other thread and if I'm enjoying it move across to induction when I can afford it.

Toying with the idea with going full-length BIAB and this set up seems to be the mutts nuts, but it's also the most expensive! Might start small with that Peco deal on the other thread and if I'm enjoying it move across to induction when I can afford it.

You could go for gas burner if you don't mind doing it outside

Yes mate, it's not cheap, but that kettle is going to last a life time and a bit more.

It will be interesting to see how long the hob lasts. I'm hoping a good few brews as it's built like a tank!

I've got the same kettle and I'm about to order the same hob - it would be great to hear how you get on with the two in combination.

Latest posts

Back