Inkbird calibration

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys
Iv just converted a undercounted fridge to a FC. Iv mounted a heating tube inside all wired to the inkbird . I’m just doing a trial run before my next brew and I’m having trouble calibrating the inkbird to run at a constant 20’C. What I’m finding is the residual heat left in the heating tube and vice versa with the cooling element is causing the temperature to swing well over my stated 20’C after cut out (+/-2’c) ,It’s like watching tennis ! I’m sure if you’ve set one up you know what I mean . I have the cooling differential set at 0.4 on both heating and cooling. I see there is a compressor delay but i hasn’t a clue what setting that should be “if I need to use it”. I will also tape the probe to the side of the FV with insulation to the outside, which I think will make the ambient temp swing even further ?.. I know all fridges and heat sources will be different so there will be no advice for actually accurate settings, but if you can point me in the right path that would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• 0656A6FB-7A7A-418F-84BA-C26665DFE0F8.jpeg
    0656A6FB-7A7A-418F-84BA-C26665DFE0F8.jpeg
    14.6 KB · Views: 59
  • E5860E86-11FC-4DC9-870C-0679EE81DD20.jpeg
    E5860E86-11FC-4DC9-870C-0679EE81DD20.jpeg
    13.6 KB · Views: 52
The compressor delay stops the compressor switching on too regular in the case of the temperature fluctuating too much, I have mine set on either 5 or 10 mins.
If you are attempting to calibrate with the thermostat loose inside the fridge then it will fluctuate a lot as it is measuring air temperature whereas it needs to be measuring the actual liquid in the FV. Most people tape a piece of sponge or bubble wrap to the side of the FV and insert the thermostat inside that which will give a more accurate measurement, you can also use a jar of water and put it in there, though Im not sure how waterproof it is.

Thanks for the input Galena.
The prob is waterproof so iv stuck it in a glass of water for now to monitor. Yeah when I do my brew im going to tape it to the side of FV with insulation. Il set the compressor delay to 5mins. Once again thanks for the tips 👍🏽

Latest posts

Back