Introductory Post

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pale Ale all bottled up - waiting for it to carbonate before I give it a try.

Next up - Dark Ale for Christmas. Fancy an Old Peculier Style Ale, but all recipes I find seem to come in a lot lighter than OP I've drank. Anyone know a good recipe for something dark and OPish?

:wha:

GW's book has a recipe for Theakstons Old Peculiar coming in at around 5.7%

GW's book has a recipe for Theakstons Old Peculiar coming in at around 5.7%

Sorry, I didn't explain myself very well. I've found GW's recipe (and a few adaptations) but running the ingredients through Beer Engine and BrewMate the colour comes out sort of Speckled Hen brown, rather than the dark colour I associate with OP.

I live in Birmingham, and the two towers brewery is news to me! I must get out more and stop just drinking Fullers ESB, and trying to clone itin my shed...sorry....Brewery )

Looking at the membership log, uk home brewing seems to be rapidity ramping up in proportion to the price of beer in the pubs!!!!

Could all peeps put an approximation of where they live on their details so help can be offered by not only the cleverest, but also the nearest?

Rog, Sutton Coldfield.

The Two Towers Brewery Tours are back on Groupon http://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/birmingh ... 320&a=2758

Latest posts

Back