Irish Red Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a quick read online I am not familiar with the terms bitter and milds when talking beer styles. Bitter being a light pale ale.

Your right. Bitter is a bit of a catch all for quite a range. The basic bitter grist is pale malt + some crytal malt (althouth you can even leave the crystal out). An irish red ale adds a small amount of roast barley for the red colour and uses Irish ale yeast

Irish red ale is basically bitter with a bit (about 50g) of roased barley for the red colour
Every day is a school day, once I get up to speed in All Grain Brewing should imagine you can play about a lot to get a beer to your taste?, one step at a time though, its typical of me rush 110 % into things, but great place to learn the craft on this very forum

This is my "house" red ale.
On tap all the time with a few others.
All grain brewer but look on brewer's friend recipes. I called it Shaun of the red.
It's how smithwicks is supposed to taste.
Creamy head. Irish Red ale.
Fantastic stuff

Gone -- short for go on
hth

Please don't take this personally this message is aimed at all members that may not be aware.

We had a rule here years ago that went something like "Please type in full where possible as text typing can be hard to read and can become annoying if used too often" common abbreviations are allowed we have a list here - Forum Abbreviations and Glossary.

Gone isn't short for go on hence the confusion.

hth is short for hope that helps, it doesn't if you are an old fart and have to google it. thumb

Back